|for questions, comments, an interview or photo inquiries please contact Ashley
original site launched April 1, 2004, .com relaunched October 1, 2004
Special THANKS to all the bands, managers and publicists who have helped contribute to the site. Your help is appreciated, and your feedback is always welcome.
|SHIM interviews SEAWEED JACK
As WIG BASH '07 approached, we asked all the bands on the Seattle bill to swap questions with each other. We had no idea what was in store. One question has been edited out for content but, against perhaps our better judgment, the rest were left in as they were received. Enjoy... We'll all see you at the show.
1. What are your biggest influences?
Tom Waits, At the Drive-In, Musicals of all kinds,Modest Mouse, Robert Johnson Pinback, M.
2. If Seaweed Jack were to cover a song, what would it be?
Were to, eh. Actually the SJ has covered a song in thier time and it was "Housin'" by Rage Against the Machine. I think we pull it off surprisingly well.
3. Do you guys know the combination to Davey Jones' locker?
4. Has Seaweed Jack had any lineup changes? If so, what nasty things do you have to say about former members?
Yes. At one point we had a 6 foot 6 ogre of a man in the band named Tyson Pizing. He played the djembe way too much and was the flakiest flake on this side of flaketown. He really had to go. Luckily he left for vocal chord reconstuction surgery. Everyone's doing that these days.
5. If Seaweed Jack were the Beatles, who would be who?
I figure Stassi would be ringo, since he plays drums. Not really sure about the rest.
6. Glock or 1911?
Glocks shoot under water and in sand .
7. What's the most money any of you have won gambling?
Geoff once won 65 bones at the slot machines, but then lost it all coming away 50 in the hole. The game was called Crocodile Cash. The spin that lost it all was dingo, dingo, cherry.
8. If train A leaves Seattle at 3:00 PM travelling east at 50 mph and train B leaves Spokane at 5:00 PM travelling west at 60 mph, at what time will the two trains meet?
There are 284 miles between the two. Train A shaves off 100 miles before Train B begins leaving us with 184 miles at 5:00. At 6:00 they have 74 miles remaining between them. They will burn through these 74 minutes in about 40 min. They meet at 6:40.
9. How many hours a day to you guys spend in bars (each respectively)?
Let's just say we are pretty good pool shooters.
10. Which high school did you guys steal that big-ass marching bass drum from?
Bayside High, baby.
Check out these other interviews:
ICEAGE COBRA interviews THE TRUCKS - THE TRUCKS interview ICEAGE COBRA - SEAWEED JACK interviews SHIM
More info: www.myspace.com/seaweedjack