|for questions, comments, an interview or photo inquiries please contact Ashley
original site launched April 1, 2004, .com relaunched October 1, 2004
Special THANKS to all the bands, managers and publicists who have helped contribute to the site. Your help is appreciated, and your feedback is always welcome.
|The Wig's Favorites of '05!
Our core staffers weigh in on the BEST shows of the year...
Clearly we're all obsessed with our own opinions around here. Instead of laying out our Top Ten Albums of the Year, or something equally ridiculously ambitious, we decided to wade through the mess of shows we've all attended over the past twelve months in an effort to weed out those that REALLY blew our minds and changed our lives. So here we go...
ASHLEY - Editor
1. Adam Green/Kimya Dawson - April 12, 2005
2. The Faint - May 8, 2005
3. Bright Eyes/Sons & Daughters - November 4, 2005
4. Gang of Four - May 6, 2005
5. Scissors for Lefty - August 20, 2005
Ashley's just for fun category:
Favorite Interviews of '05
1. Joel Petersen - The Faint/Beep Beep/Broken Spindles
2. William Beckett - The Academy Is...
3. Craig Montoya - Everclear/Tri-Polar
4. Blake Miller - Moving Units
5. Cameron Bird - Architecture in Helsinki
honorable mention: Key Note Speaker (Seattle), Jim Boyd (Spokane)
KATIE - Staff Writer
1. M. Ward - September 2, 2005 - Bumbershoot
2. Rilo Kiley/Feist/The Brunettes - June 15, 2005
3. Wolf Parade - September 22, 2005
4. Bright Eyes/Sons and Daughters - November 4, 2005
5. Built to Spill - June 17, 2005
honorable mentions: Metric - November 1, 2005, Modest Mouse/Headphones - March 9, 2005, John Vanderslice/The Double - October 1, 2005
DAGMAR - Photographer
1. Scissor Sisters - January 27, 2005
2. The Futureheads - March 6, 2005
3. Duran Duran - March 9, 2005
4. Franz Ferdinand - October 1, 2005
5. The Rolling Stones - October 30, 2005
Think we've misjudged? Need to tell us what YOUR best show was? Drop us a line! firstname.lastname@example.org